Gokyo, Chola Pass & EBC Trek
- Destination: Chola Pass & EBC
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Best Seasons: October-December, March-May
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accomodation: Lodge
- Transportation: Flight
A world Heritage Site
Established in 1975 Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) National park is spread over an area of 1,148 Sq. km. of the Himalayan ecological zone in the Khumbu region of Nepal. The Park includes the upper catchment areas of the Dudh koshi and Bhote koshi Rivers and is largely composed of rugged terrain and gorges of the high Himalayas, ranging from 2,845m. at Monjo to the top of the world highest – Sagarmatha at 8,848m. above the sea level. Other peaks above 6,000m. are Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Thamserku, Nuptse, Amadablam and Pumori.
The mountains of the park are geologically young and are broken up by gorges and glacial valleys. The vegetation found at the lower altitude of the park include pine and hemlock forests, white fir, juniper, birch and rhododendron, scrub and alpine plant communities are common at the higher altitude.
The park is home of the red panda, snow leopard, musk deer, Himalayan tahr, marten, Himalayan mouse hare (pika) and over 118 species of bird including the impeyan, pheasant, snow cock, blood pheasant, red billed cough, yellow billed cough etc.
The famed Sherpa people, whose lives are interwoven with the teachings of Buddhism, live in the region. The renowned Tengboche and other monasteries are common gathering places to celebrate religious festivals such as Dumje and Mani Rimdu. In addition to Tengboche, Thame, Khumjung and Pangboche are some other famous monasteries.
For the superlative natural characteristics, UNESCO listed Sagarmatha National Park as a World Heritage Site in 1979.
- Moderate to fairly hard trek
- Exciting flight to/from Lukla
- Sagarmatha National Park a World Heritage site
- Himalayan Flora and Fauna
- Sunrise and sunset view over the Himalaya
- Namche bazaar, the gateway to Everest region
- Gokyo Ri 5,350m. – the best viewpoint to see the World highest Peak Mt. Everest 8,848m. and Cho yu 8,201m.
- Excellent views of Gokyo Lake and Glacier.
- Cross Chola La and trek to Everest base camp
- Tengboche Monastery
- Kala Patthar 5,545m.- the viewpoint to see the World highest Peak Mt. Everest 8,848m.
- Sherpa homeland, Monasteries, amazing view of Himalayan Peaks like Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku and excellent views of Khumbu Ice –Fall
- Best place to see blue puppy from mid July till mid August.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m), transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla by flight and start trek to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding (2,610m).
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization. (Hike to Hotel Everest View, Syangboche)
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)
Day 06: Dole to Machhermo (4,470m)
Day 07: Mechhermo rest for acclimatization
Day 08: Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4,790m)
Day 09: Gokyo lake to early in the morning climb Gokyo Ri (5,350m) for best Himalayan views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse , Cho Oyo, Amadablam, Thamserku, Makalu etc and back to Gokyo lake after lunch continue trek to Thangnag (5,025m)
Day 10: Cross Chola pass (5,330m) and trek to Dzongla (4,830m).
Day 11: Dzongla to Lobuche (4,930m)
Day 12: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,140m) after lunch continue to Everest base camp (5,634m) and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 13: Gorakshep early in the morning hike to Kalapatthar (5,545m) enjoy the best views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse , Amadablam , Thamserku etc. and lunch at Lobuche and overnight at Pheriche (4,240m)
Day 14: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 15: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,840m)
Day 16: Lukla to Katmandu by flight. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu. Visit places of interest by own.
Day 18: Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
– All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop.
– 4 Night Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast basis.
– Accommodation during trekking.
– 3 Major meals; B/L/D (by Lodge menu) at best available tea house lodge during trekking.
– 1 English speaking & Government license holder trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
– Local staff daily wages.
– Services of porter. Weight limit 30 Kg. per porter
– National Park permits Fees.
– Trekkers Information Management system (TIMS) Fee
– Round trip Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu.
– Airport taxes.
– Oxygen for medical purpose
– Gamow bag for emergency
– Insurance for local staffs
– Sleeping bag for each client during trekking
– Welcome meal & fare well dinner
– Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
– All official taxes and service charge.
Cost do not includes:
– Major meals in Kathmandu
– Insurance of any kind (Personal, accidental and emergency evacuation)
– International Air fare
– Soft drink or mineral water
– Personal nature expenses
– Oxygen charges if used
– Excess baggage charges for domestic and international.
– Tips for guide and porters.
0 Reviews on Gokyo, Chola Pass & EBC Trek View All