Namche Bazar Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Group size: 2 & more
- Best Seasons: All season
- Accomodation: Lodge
Everest area is home to the most hardworking and humble tribe of Sherpa. The people have lived here for centuries creating their own lifestyle, culture, and arts. The chance to observe their culture and festivals is made possible by Namche bazaar trek. Along with it, you also get to witness the wilderness of Sagarmatha National Park and the many towering peaks inside the region.
Namche Bazaar is the gateway to Everest region and a popular destination for trekkers in Nepal. Its popularity has grown since the first expedition to the Nepalese side of Everest in the 1950’s. The trek starts from Lukla after taking a 45 minutes flight from Kathmandu. The trek follows the Dudh Kosi valley which climbs up to the Namche Bazaar, it’s a junction for local trekkers and expeditions, it is a tourist hub in the Everest area.
- Exciting flight to/from Lukla
- Himalayan Flora and Fauna
- Homeland of the Sherpas and the Buddhist Monasteris
- Namche Bazar the gateway to Everest region
- Shyangboche, Khumjung and Khunde Village
- Amazing view of Himalayan Peaks like Everest, Thamserku, Kongde, Amadablam and Khumbila
Day 1: KATHMANDU (1,350m)
Arrive in Kathmandu, meet and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 2: FLY KATHMANDU/LUKLA (2,840m) – PHAKDING (2,610m)
After breakfast transfer to the airport. Fly Kathmandu/Lukla – 35m. flight, enjoy the beautiful Himalayan range from the airplane. Upon arrival, meet the trek staff and start trekking to Phakding. Three meals are included. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 3: PHAKDING (2,610m) – NAMCHE BAZAR (3,440m)
After breakfast, trek to Namche Bazar, about 6/7hrs. walk. Enter the Sagarmatha National Park (The world heritage site) at Jorsale, cross the Bhote Kosi river and then climb steeply to Namche Bazar. Namche is the main trading center for the Khumbu Valley. – Three meals are included. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: NAMCHE BAZAR (3,440m)
Excursion trip to Syangboche, Everest view hotel and Khumjung Village for acclimatization. Walk back to Namche bazar. Three meals are included. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 5: TREK TO MONJO (2,840m)
Trek to Monjo. About 3/4hr. walk. Three meals are included. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: TREK TO LUKLA (2,840m)
Trek to Lukla. About 4/5hr. walk. Three meals are included. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 7: FLY LUKLA/KATHMANDU
Fly Lukla/Kathmandu. Upon arrival, transfer to the Hotel. Free at leisure.
Day 8: KATHMANDU
Free at leisure.
Day 9: KATHMANDU – DEPARTURE
Transfer to airport and fly to onward destination
What is included:
- All transportation by private car.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Suiting as per the budget.
- Domestic flight: Kathmandu /Lukla /Kathmandu sector.
- During trek: All Meals and accommodation at the local lodge.
- Experienced trek guide and necessary staff and porters.
- Entry permit” Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit.
- Wages, food and accommodation for trek crews
- Insurance for all local staff.
What is NOT included:
- Insurance of any kind
- Nepal entry tourist Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Major meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast
- Monument entrance fee (if required)
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage)
- Altitude chamber (PAC) and oxygen set
- Emergency rescue costs (if required) or costs of early departure from the mountain.
- Personal equipment including sleeping bag and warm jackets
- Personal Porter during the trek (if required)
- Optional trips and sightseeing (if extended)
- Charges NOT listed specifically in itinerary
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- All personal expenses like hot showers, laundry, phone, internet, battery recharge etc.
- Tips for trekking crew and porters.
0 Reviews on Namche Bazar Trek View All