Upper Mustang Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Group size: 2 & more
- Best Seasons: All season
- Accomodation: Lodge
The Upper Mustang was a restricted area until 1992 which makes it one of the most preserved area in Nepal, and the region is rich in Buddhist art, architecture, culture and tradition which is more similar to Tibet.
Tiji Festival is the most popular among the locals of Lo Manthang area of the Upper Mustang. The festival is held every year to mark the victory of good against evil. The festival is another destination in the area to experience the native culture.
- Exciting flight to/from Jomsom
- Moderate to fairly hard trek
- Himalayan Flora and Fauna
- Buddhist Monasteries, art and Culture
- Jomsom, Muktinath and Kagbeni
- Sunrise and sunset view over the Himalaya
- Lo Manthang and explore near by area.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu 1350 meters. Meet and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Fly Kathmandu/Pokhara 30 Minutes Or drive 6-7 hrs
Day 03 Fly Pokhara/Jomsom (2743m), trek to Kagbeni (2810 m) Approx. 3 hrs.
Day 04 Trek to Chele (3050m) 6 hrs
Day 05 Trek to Shyangmochen (3800m) 7-8 hrs
Day 06 Trek to Tsarang (3560m) 7 hrs
Day 07 Trek to Lo Manthang (3800m) 4-5 hrs
Day 08 Explore Nyiphu, Garphu and villages in the north of Lo Manthang.
Day 09 Trek to Dhakmar (3820m) via Ghar Gumba (Lo Ghekar Monastery) 6 hrs
Day 10 Trek to Ghiling (3570m) 6 hrs
Day 11 Trek to Samar (3550m) 6 hrs
Day 12 Trek to Kagbeni (2810m) 6-7 hrs
Day 13 Trek to Jomsom (2750m) 3 hrs
Day 14 Fly Jomsom/Pokhara/Kathmandu
Day 15 Kathmandu
Day 16 Transfer to Airport for final departure.
What is included:
– All required land transportaion services.
– Hotel booking in Nepal suiting the budget.
– Domestic flight Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu & Pokhara /Jomsom /Pokhara
– During trek- All Meals and accommodation at local lodge.
– Experienced Trek guide with necessary staff and porters.
– All allowances for trek crews including their Insurance.
– Annapurna Conservation Entry Permit and TIMS Card.
– Trek permit for Upper mustang
What is NOT Included:
– Nepal entry Visa fee.
– International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
– Monument entrance fees. (if required)
– Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15kg luggage)
– Extra night accommodation in Kathmanduu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the original itinerary
– Altitude chamber (PAC) and oxygen set
– Personal insurance of any kind.
– Emergency rescue costs (if required) or costs of early departure from the mountain.
– Personal clothing and equipment including sleeping bag.
– Personal Porter during the trek. (if required)
– Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
– Charges NOT listed specifically in itinerary.
– All Personal nature expenses like phone & internet bills, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, heater etc.
– Tips for support crew.
0 Reviews on Upper Mustang Trek View All