Gokyo Ri Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Group size: 1 & more
- Best Seasons: October-December, March-May
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accomodation: Lodge
Sagarmathana (Mt. Everest) National Park
A world Heritage Site
Established in 1975 Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) National park is spread over an area of 1,148 Sq. km. of the Himalayan ecological zone in the Khumbu region of Nepal. The Park includes the upper catchment areas of the Dudh koshi and Bhote koshi Rivers and is largely composed of rugged terrain and gorges of the high Himalayas, ranging from 2,845m. at Monjo to the top of the world highest – Sagarmatha at 8,848m. above the sea level. Other peaks above 6,000m. are Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Thamserku, Nuptse, Amadablam and Pumori.
The mountains of the park are geologically young and are broken up by gorges and glacial valleys. The vegetation found at the lower altitude of the park include pine and hemlock forests, white fir, juniper, birch and rhododendron, scrub and alpine plant communities are common at the higher altitude.
The park is home of the red panda, snow leopard, musk deer, Himalayan tahr, marten, Himalayan mouse hare (pika) and over 118 species of bird including the impeyan, pheasant, snow cock, blood pheasant, red billed cough, yellow billed cough etc.
The famed Sherpa people, whose lives are interwoven with the teachings of Buddhism, live in the region. The renowned Tengboche and other monasteries are common gathering places to celebrate religious festivals such as Dumje and Mani Rimdu. In addition to Tengboche, Thame, Khumjung and Pangboche are some other famous monasteries.
For the superlative natural characteristics, UNESCO listed Sagarmatha National Park as a World Heritage Site in 1979.
|>||Moderate to fairly hard trek|
|>||Exciting flight to/from Lukla|
|>||Sagarmatha National Park a World Heritage site|
|>||Himalayan Flora and Fauna|
|>||Sunrise and sunset view over the Himalaya|
|>||Namche bazaar, the gateway to Everest region|
|>||Gokyo Ri 5,350m. – the best viewpoint to see the World highest Peak Mt. Everest 8,848m. and Cho yu 8,201m.|
|>||Sherpa homeland, Monasteries, amazing view of Himalayan Peaks like Everest, Cho Yu, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku and excellent views of Gokyo Lake and Glacier.|
|>||Best place to see blue puppy from mid July till mid August.|
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1,350m), transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Katmandu by to Lukla by flight and start trek to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding (2,610m).
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
Day 04: Namche Bazaar for Acclimatization. Hike to Hotel Everest View.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)
Day 06: Dole to Machhermo (4,470m)
Day 07: Mechhermo rest for acclimatization
Day 08: Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4,790m)
Day 09: Gokyo lake to early in the morning climb Gokyo Ri (5,350m) for best Himalayan views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse , Cho Oyo, Amadablam, Thamserku, Makalu etc and back to Gokyo lake after lunch continue trek to Machhermo (4,470m)
Day 10: Trek to Mong La (3,957m)
Day 11: Trek to Phakding (2,610m)
Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2,804m). About 3 hours trek.
Day 13: Lukla to Katmandu by flight. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 14: Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
– All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport.
– 2 Night Twin sharing accommodation at hotel with breakfast.
– Accommodation during trekking.
– 3 Major meals; B/L/D (by Lodge menu) at best available tea house lodge during trekking.
– 1 English speaking & Government license holder trekking guide & Porters.
– Local staff daily wages.
– National Park permits Fees.
– Trekkers Information Management system (TIMS) Fee
– Round trip Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu.
– Cost of airfare for guide
– Airport taxes.
– Insurance for local staffs
– Sleeping bag during trekking
– Last day celebration meal and certificate of success.
– All official taxes.
Cost do not includes:
– Major meals in Kathmandu
– Insurance of any kind (Personal, accidental and emergency evacuation)
– International Air fare
– Excess baggage charges for domestic air 10Kg baggae + 5Kg hand bag is allowed for domestic flight
– Soft drink or mineral water
– Personal nature expenses
– Tips for guide and porters.
0 Reviews on Gokyo Ri Trek View All