Everest Base Camp-Kalapathar Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2 & more
- Best Seasons: Autumn & Spring
- Accomodation: Lodge
Nothing screams Nepal like the Everest Base camp and Kalapathhar trek. After its ascent by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hilary, Mt. Everest (8848m) has attracted trekkers and thrill seekers alike from all over the globe. Some come here to prove their bravery, some for entertainment, while some just do it for the love of it. Along with Everest, this trek provides you the best of the Khumbu region in the form of icy giants like Ama Dablam (6856m), Taboche (6367m), Nuptse (7061m), and Lhotse (8414m) to name a few. A melodrama of the snow, with you as the major character is what makes this trek the best.
The journey commences the moment we arrive at the airport in Lukla, which is perched on a cliff and is known as one of the most dangerous airports in the world. From Lukla, we make our way to Phakding and ultimately to the biggest Sherpa settlement, Namche Bazaar. On the way, we’ll go through the dense forests of Pine, walk along the Dudhkoshi River. At Namche, we shall fulfill all our requirements and then later head on to Deboche. We’ll pray a bit on the Tengboche monastery, and at Dingboche, we’ll pray at Pangboche monastery. Passing the rivers like Imja and Khumbu Khola, villages like Somare and Lobuche provides us with the grandiose scenery of the majestic fog covered the Himalayas. From Lobuche, we’ll ascent to Gorakshep by crossing the dunes, moraines, and streams. We’ll make our way to Kalapatthar, where we can enjoy the sheer magnitude of Mount Everest and the magic of the Khumbu region. After observing this magic, we begin our descent through the icy terrain that leads us to Lobuche. Admiring the scenery that slowly transitions from icy to greenery takes us to Pangboche, and an elevated trail after it leads us to Monjo. From Monjo, it is a short trek towards the Lukla airport, and from there we will make our way towards Kathmandu where the trek comes to an end.
We, at Himalayan Treasure Trekking, believe that the satisfaction and contentment of a client are what makes up for a successful trip. Staying true to our belief, we provide the best of services on any trip. With excellent transportation and accommodation, we also offer the local guide with English fluency to help you on your trip.
- Moderate to fairly hard trek
- Exciting flight to/from Lukla
- Himalayan Flora and Fauna
- Sunrise and sunset view over the Himalaya
- Namche bazaar, the gateway to Everest region
- Tengboche Monastery
- Everest Base camp
- Kala Patthar 5,545m.- the viewpoint to see the World highest Peak Mt. Everest 8,848m.
- Sherpa homeland, Monasteries, amazing view of Himalayan Peaks like Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku and excellent views of Khumbu Ice -Fall
DAY 01: KATHMANDU (1,350m)
Arrive in Kathmandu, meet and transfer to Hotel.
DAY 02: KATHMANDU – LUKLA (2,840m) – PHAKDING (2,610m)
After breakfast transfer to airport. Fly Kathmandu/Lukla – 35m. flight, enjoy the beautiful himalayan range from the air. Upon arrival, meet the trek staff and start trekking to Phakding. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 03: PHAKDING (2,610m) – NAMCHE BAZAR (3,440m)
After breakfast start trek to Namche Bazar, about 6hr. walk. Enter the Sagarmatha National Park (The world heritage site) at Jorsale, cross the Bhote Kosi river and then climb steeply to Namche Bazar. Namche bazar is the main trading center for the Khumbu Valley. – Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 04: NAMCHE BAZAR (3,440m)
Excursion trip to Shyangboche, Everest view hotel and Khumjung Village for acclimatization. Walk back to Namche bazar. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 05: NAMCHE BAZAR (3,440m) – DEBOCHE (3,820m)
After breakfast trek to Deboche via Tengboche monastery, about 6hr. walk. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 06: DEBOCHE (3,820m) – DINGBOCHE (4,410m)
Trek to Dingboche, about 6-7 hr. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 07: DINGBOCHE RI (4,410m)
Climb Dingboche Ri for the acclimatization purpose. There are good views of Tawache and Ama Dablam and in the distance one can see Island Peak and Makalu. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 08: DINBOCHE (4,410m) – LOBUCHE (4,920m)
Trek to Lobuche, about 5 hours walk. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 09: LOBUCHE (4,920m) – KALAPATTHAR (5,545m) – GORAKSHEP (5,130m)
Trek to Gorakshep, one can see the Kalapatthar from the camping area. After lunch climb Kalapatthar (5545m) enjoy the magnificent view of Mt Everest in front of you and sunset over the Himalayas. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 10: GORAKSHEP (5,130m) – EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,364m) – LOBUCHE (4,920m)
Excursion to Everest Base Camp and back to Lobuche. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 11: LOBUCHE (4,920m) – PANGBOCHE (3,860m)
Trek to Pangboche. About 6hr. walk. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 12: PANGBOCHE (3,860M) – MONJO (2,835M)
Trek to Monjo, About 6-7hr. walk. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 13: MONJO (2,835m) – Lukla (2,840m)
Trek to Lukla. About 3hr. walk. Three meal are included. Overnight at Lodge.
DAY 14: LUKLA – KATHMANDU (1,350m)
Fly Lukla-Kathmandu. Upon arrival, transfer to Hotel. Free at leisure.
DAY 15: KATHMANDU (1,350m)
Free at leisure. Flight spare day. Visit places of interest by own.
DAY 16: KATHMANDU – ONWARD DESTINATION
Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
What is included:
- Airport Pick-ups and drop off in a private vehicle as per the program
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing room, bed and breakfast basis
- Domestic flights – KTM/ LUA/KTM round trip with Airport Tax.
- Experienced trek guide and other necessary staffs.
- Porter service ( 2 trekkers : 1 Porter)
- Duffle bag to each trekker (if required)
- Accommodation at local lodge during the trek
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- First Aid Medicine (You are also advised to bring your own)
- Necessary paper works and and Trekking Permit – (National Park and TIMS.)
- Staff wages, transfer, food and accommodation.
- All taxes and service charges
- Insurance for local staffs.
What is NOT included:
- Nepal entry tourist Visa.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Major meals during Kathmandu stay
- Monument entrance fee (if required)
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage)
- Altitude chamber (PAC) and oxygen set
- Emergency rescue costs (if required) or costs of early departure from the mountain.
- Items of a Personal nature and equipment including sleeping bag and warm jackets
- Personal Porter during the trek (if required)
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, hot shower, laundry, phone call, internet, battery recharge
- Optional trips and sightseeing (if extended)
- Charges NOT listed specifically in the itinerary
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Insurance of any kind.
- Tips for trekking crew and porters
0 Reviews on Everest Base Camp-Kalapathar Trek View All